- What is Eczema?
- Symptoms Of Eczema
- Causes Of Hand Eczema
- How To Prevent And Relieve Hand Eczema
- How Can a Moisturizing Glove Helps?
- Good Qualities Of Good Moisturizing Gloves
- Our Recommendations
- 1. Cara Moisturizing Eczema Gloves
- 2. Eurow Cotton Moisturizing Gloves
- 3. Gaxcoo Premium Moisturizing Cotton Gloves
Eczema on the hand is a pain to deal with – since we use our hands for almost everything that we do. There are some activities at home that may cause your hand eczema, which is why it is still best to ask your doctor to help you determine what chemicals or practices are contributing to your condition.
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about hand eczema, its common symptoms and causes. We will also tackle some highly effective ways to prevent and help ease the symptoms of eczema.
WHAT IS ECZEMA?
Credits: By James Heilman, MD - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0
Eczema is a disease that results in the inflammation of the skin. This is characterized by itchiness, red skin and a rash. In cases of short duration, there may be small blisters, while in long-term cases the skin may become thickened. The area of skin involved can vary from small to covering the entire body.
The exact cause of the condition is still unclear but it often occurs on the hands of those people who frequently get them wet. Hand eczema is widely prevalent and is a very visible condition associated with severe itching or pain. It has serious consequences for the affected person including a high psychological impact.
SYMPTOMS OF ECZEMA
- Dry, scaly skin
- Redness on the skin
- Cracks and blister formation
- Excessive itching
- Solid calluses and painful tearing may be visible
CAUSES OF HAND ECZEMA
- Exposure to chemicals
- Excessive contact with water and irritants
- Contacts with allergens
- Hairdressing, Laundry and Dry Cleaning substances
HOW TO PREVENT AND RELIEVE HAND ECZEMA
- Constant wetting and drying breaks down the skin’s protective outer barrier. As much as possible, avoid wetting your hands.
- Avoid perfumes and preservatives in soaps and household cleansers irritants.
- Wash your hands with lukewarm water and a perfume-free cleanser, and then dry your hands gently.
- Immediately apply a moisturizer after drying your hands.
- Applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly also helps because it is the safest and best moisturizing cream that works for the majority.
- Keep a moisturizer next to every sink in your house – makes your routine of putting a moisturizer after wetting your hands easier.
- Keep several pairs of cotton gloves to protect your hands while doing household chores. Make sure that you wash these gloves with a perfume-free and dye-free soap.
- Wear disposable gloves when peeling vegetables or acidic fruits and when touching meat.
- For tasks that require you to touch something that is wet, put on your cotton gloves and then cover it a powder-free vinyl or neoprene gloves.
- Never wear a waterproof glove for more than 15-20 minutes.
- Avoid rubber gloves that are made of latex.
- Air-dry all cotton gloves after washing.
- Remove all rings or hand jewelry when doing housework and when drying your hands. Or if you prefer to wear them, regularly clean your rings by soaking them overnight in one tablespoon of ammonia in a pint of water.
- If you need to wash the dishes by hand, wash it under running water and use a scrubber to minimize hand damage.
In addition to that, there are many ways that can help you in dealing with hand eczema. One way is wearing moisturizing gloves if you are suffering from intense itching and dry skin on your hands.
HOW CAN A MOISTURIZING GLOVE HELPS?
The most important step to healing your hands is to protect them, night and day. Wearing of protective gloves will protect your skin from all irritants and chemical elements when you do your daily tasks - also prevents you from scratching!
Use a good moisturizer before putting on your gloves will also help you heal your skin faster. It is recommended to cover your hands with gloves overnight, re-apply moisturizer in the morning, and wear your gloves all day. You will see a visible effect after 24-48 hours and if you use it regularly, you can skip on using the soap – which is a big reason why you have dry skin.
GOOD QUALITIES OF GOOD MOISTURIZING GLOVES
Before you purchase a pair of moisturizing gloves for your eczema, take a look at these pointers to help you choose a good quality moisturizing glove.
- Premium and natural material – bamboo and cotton are great examples
- Stretchy fabric – do not buy latex gloves if you are allergic to latex
- Good fit and provides a good support to your hands
- Durable and reusable, make sure to choose a strong and long lasting fabric
There are lots of options when choosing the right moisturizing gloves for you. We know that finding a good pair of gloves will not only help you alleviate the pains of eczema, but it will also be a part of your beauty ritual to protect your hands.
To help you started, we have selected a few of the best moisturizing hand gloves below:
CARA MOISTURIZING ECZEMA GLOVES
Hypoallergenic for those with sensitive skin
Great value as machine washable and reusable
Can also be used for photography handling, jewelry, silver and coins inspections
Effective glove liners too; each glove fit either hand
Available in 2, 4, 6 and single pair packs
EUROW COTTON MOISTURIZING GLOVES
Designed to lock in moisture providing relief and healing for your hands
Breathable and comfortable
Available in sets of 2 pairs of gloves made of cotton, 4 gloves total.
GAXCOO PREMIUM MOISTURIZING COTTON GLOVES
If you are searching for a premium eczema moisturizing pair of gloves, then these gloves from Gaxcoo is the best pick! Customers are choosing these gloves as an effective solution not just for dry hands – but for eczema relief.
- Efficient Moisturizing Effect
These white moisturizing gloves assists in the effective absorption of creams and ointments. Effectively helps in treating hand eczema, moisturizes dry skin and conceals skin disorders.
- Recommended by Dermatologists
Hypoallergenic and prevents staining of fabrics and clothing
- Premium Quality
Made of 100% premium quality white cotton and have a fabric weight of 200g per square meter. Gaxcoo takes pride in the quality and effectiveness of these moisturizing gloves. You can use it day and night and you can already feel the difference
- One Size Fits Most
For optimal convenience, these gloves fits most hand sizes and is well fitted on your left and right hand. They also included a high quality wristband for optimal comfort and fit!
- Different Quantities Available
These premium white cotton pairs come in different quantities - which provides a great value for your money!
- Bonus Item
They have also included a washable bag to extend the lifetime of your purchase.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
If for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with the cotton gloves, just return them, and they will refund every penny. As their slogan goes “We love our customers and your delight is our main goal.”
We hope that this list will help you in finding what you are looking for. Whether you want an instant relieve for itching caused by dry hands, eczema relief or a daily hand protection routine – wearing of moisturizing gloves is a proven and effective method.
So, let go of the soap, wear your gloves and give your hands the relief and the pampering they deserve!