WHAT ARE COTTON GLOVES?
Many people have been using cotton gloves for different things. From an average guy who just wants to keep his hands warm, to the lady who wants to protect her hands, down to the little child who wants to be relieved of hand allergies.
In line with this, we will be sharing what are the different uses of cotton gloves and why it has been a popular accessory. We will also highlight the amazing benefits of using a cotton glove as a form of protection and what are the things to look out in getting a good quality pair of cotton gloves.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON USES OF COTTON GLOVES?
Many people use cotton gloves for handling artwork, keeping their hands grime free, or even miming. Check this list for some of the main uses for cotton gloves:
- Practically, the main purpose of cotton gloves is to absorb the oil of our skin, body fluids or any secretions
- If you want to keep your hands warm, clean and safe – wearing a cotton glove is a good choice!
- Another common use for cotton gloves is protection. It can keep your hands not only clean but also protected against abrasions or scratches – please note that these may not be enough to handle works that requires you to handle rough or sharp material.
- If you are allergic to latex gloves, wearing a pair of cotton gloves before putting on the latex gloves can form a layer of protection between the latex gloves and your skin. It maintains the sterility of the latex gloves while keeping you protected from the allergic reaction!
- Perfect for household jobs like gardening, yard works and debris clearing – protects your hands from having direct contact with any object.
- It also offers a handful of protection from common airborne and contact germs and viruses that can also be transmitted with a simple contact.
- Perfect for the cold and flu season – especially for those with low immune system.
- Can also be used to ease the itchiness of dry skin and relieve the symptoms of eczema.
OTHER USES OF COTTON GLOVES
Aside from the common aesthetic use of cotton gloves, did you know that cotton gloves can be used for a lot of specific tasks and jobs? A lot of different industries and occupations are using cotton gloves for different purposes.
Here are some of the perfect examples of cotton glove usage:
- It may be a surprise for most people but a white cotton glove is actually an important part of military ceremonies, it symbolically displays purity and respect, especially for someone who is holding the flag.
- White cotton gloves are perfect for holding print negatives and photographs without the fear of contaminating the film.
- Cotton gloves are ideal for removing finger prints from pristine surfaces and won’t add any new finger prints along the way. Common examples are your mobile phone, windows, glass table tops and flat screen televisions.
- It is an effective precaution for historians or an archaeologist who wants to get a closer look and inspect antiques and foreign objects. Germs or bacteria that may populate the surface can be prevented from being transmitted to you, it is an additional layer of protection against an unknown possible disease it had through the history.
- Cotton gloves are also used for this purpose in the antiques or investigative lines of work due to the unknown germs that could be present on unfamiliar objects.
Credits to: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3514446
- Cotton gloves allow you to work with devices that are sensitive to electrostatic dissipation (ESD), main reason is because the glove’s surface won’t retain a charge and they are slightly conductive.
- Cotton is also the top choice for areas in automotive inspection, manufacturing and assembly industries because cotton gloves don’t leave fingerprints.
- Food industry is also using cotton gloves because they can be easily washed and bleached.
HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD COTTON GLOVES?
Not all cotton gloves are suitable for all tasks though, so it’s important that you make the right selection depending on the task or the reason you are wearing it.
Here are some guidelines in getting the best-fitted cotton gloves for you:
LOOK FOR AMBIDEXTROUS COTTON GLOVES
Ambidextrous design means that you can swap it on both of your hands (left and right) and that they will still fit. So, if one side of your glove is starting to wear off, the hands for a whole new pair of gloves – doubling the life span of your cotton gloves!
100% COTTON GLOVES
Cotton gloves are breathable and flexible; you can stretch them to a comfortable level and will hug your hand but it won’t limit your range of movement. These materials will keep your hands warm without the discomfort.
LOOK FOR A QUALITY AND DURABLE GLOVES
Your hands need protection from different hazards but you don’t want them to get overheated. Read the packaging very carefully and check if it is breathable and also inspect if it is durable enough for everyday tasks.
MACHINE WASHABLE and REUSABLE
Most safety cotton gloves are reusable, pick a pair that can is machine washable and not exclusive to hand washing – saves you time and saves your hand from direct contact to allergens.
WHERE TO BUY COTTON GLOVES?
If you are thinking of buying a pair of cotton gloves, here is the good news – you can buy cotton gloves almost everywhere! From your local hardware stores, gas stations, supermarkets and some convenient stores. But if you are looking for some variations and you want to skip going out of the house, Amazon has a lot to offer.
Here is our top pick when it comes to durable and good quality cotton gloves:
GAXCOO MOISTURIZING COTTON GLOVES (EXTRA SMALL)
GAXCOO MOISTURIZING COTTON GLOVES FOR KIDS (2-7 YEARS OLD)
- Efficient Moisturizing Effect
These white moisturizing gloves assists are effective in helping your skin absorb creams and ointments faster. Helps in treating hand eczema, moisturizes dry skin and conceals skin disorders.
- Recommended by Dermatologists
Hypoallergenic and prevents staining of fabrics and clothing
- Premium Quality
Made of 100% High Quality premium white cotton and a fabric weight of 200g per square meter. Gaxcoo takes pride in the quality and effectiveness of these moisturizing gloves in relieving skin dryness and protecting your hands from hazards.
- One Size Fits Most
For optimal convenience, this glove is perfect for people who has a SMALL HAND SIZE and is well fitted on your left and right hand. They also included a high quality wristband for optimal comfort and fit!
- Different Variations Available
If you are looking for different sizes and quantities, you can check these links below to see great value packs of gloves that are available:
- Bonus Item
They have also included a washable bag to extend the lifetime of your purchase.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
For your peace of mind, if for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with the cotton gloves: just return them, and they will refund you.
Our environment has many possible hazards for our hands - whether from chemicals, cuts or burns, not to mention health issues like allergies, dry skin and eczema. Wearing a pair of cotton gloves will protect our hands from a variety of domestic allergens and possible abrasions.
So it is important to pick a good quality cotton glove that will provide specialized protection for your hands – get a pair now and be protected!